Conventional Farming that uses lots of pesticides and chemical fertilizers erodes the soil and contaminates the water. The chemicals involved penetrate into our living through the food chain. We believe "Organic" is not limited to farming or other production method, its existence reminds us to respect the nature and life, pay attention to ecological conservation, reduce waste through our lifestyle and pay emphasis on the harmonic existence of human being, other living organisms and the nature.
The city life which is hectic and demands efficiency makes human life mechanic. We pursue a quality materialistic life but neglect the hidden crisis behind. Have you care for the health and environmental responsibility while consumption? Have our ever increasing consumption increase the burden to the environment？We need a health, balanced and sustainable life style. Organic Living values the nature. It's high time for us to take action in protecting our already harmed planet。
Organic life is not difficult to commence. No need to have a 180 degree conversion to organic food, but we can go organic step by step. When you think of organic, then go buy it. Buy some organic replacements for the chemical cleanser at home when you need to buy. The power of consumption is greater than you can imagine! Every purchase decision is affecting production method of the goods producers and affecting our environment at the same time. To be a responsible consumer, we should actualize green consumption . Let's use our consumption right in a wise way.
YOUR DECISION IS AFFECTING THE FATE OF THE EARTH.
- Buy less. Buy the clothing that you really need.
- Refuse fur to prevent the slaughter of wild animals.
- Choose natural fiber (like cotton, jute and wool) for clothing.
- Choose unbleached, undye or organic cotton fabrics. Buy clothes that durable and will not go out of fashion.
- Don't buy "crease-resistant" or "non-iron" clothing as it is processed using mostly toxic chemicals.
- Donate your unwanted clothes to those who need them.
- Refuse disposable eating utensils and prepare your own durable one.
- Buy food with organic certification labels.
- Refuse over packaged food.
- Visit those restaurants that are environmentally responsible.
- Buy food grown in local or neighboring area to reduce the pollution caused by traffic.
- Buy less processed or prickled food.
- Buy Air conditioning facilities that use refrigerant without CFCs.
- Reduce the purchase or replacement furniture. Donate to others instead of disposal.
- Choose used wood and wood from sustainable managed forest when possible.
- Don't make unnecessary refurbishment.
- Avoid using furniture and decoration materials with adhesives and paints contain VOC.
- Use energy-saving bulb as it saves 75% of electricity more than the normal
- Use your own shopping bag and reuse plastic bags.
- Walk more or use bicycle, or go out by public transport can save energy and reduce the emission of toxic gases.
- Avoid traveling by private vehicle when you are alone. Keep regular checking of vehicles to allow the best performance.
- Join green activities and deliver the environmental protection messages to friends.
- Go the countryside and experience the goodness of the nature.